On Tuesday, December 4, 2012, Coloradans will come together again to raise millions of dollars for nonprofits like ours. Last year, a remarkable $12.8 million was distributed to Colorado nonprofits. This year, Colorado Music Festival & Rocky Mountain Center for Musical Arts hopes to raise $10,000 on Colorado Gives Day! Visit https://www.givingfirst.org/CMFRMCMA/overview to support us during Colorado Gives Day!
DID YOU KNOW:
• Our musicians come from 26 different states and Canada and that 24 of our musicians have been with the Colorado Music Festival for 20 years or more? It takes an average of $5,000 to bring a musician to play in the festival orchestra for our 6-week season.
• The Instrument Bank at our school provided 158 low-or no-cost instruments this year, serving RMCMA students as well as students in 45 schools in 5 school districts? $300 provides our instrument bank with a small guitar for a beginning Suzuki Student.
• Our Heartstrings Program helps provide music instruction for all regardless of age, ability or financial resources and that 20% of our students receive tuition assistance? $900 covers the cost of a 30-minute lesson for a student for the entire academic year.
ENRICH LIVES THROUGH MUSIC – Together, we are part of what makes this a truly great community! But we can’t do it without the help of music-lovers like you. Don’t wait! Schedule your gift now and it will be processed on Tuesday, December 4, 2012.
Presented by Community First Foundation and FirstBank, Colorado Gives Day asks you to give to your favorite charities through the website GivingFirst.org. Some highlights of giving on Colorado Gives Day and through Giving First include:
• 100 percent of your donation will come to us. Giving First pays all credit card fees
• When you give online any time on December 4, the value of your donation will be increased by the FirstBank Incentive Fund.
• Each donation received during the 24 hour period starting at 12 a.m. on December 4 will receive a proportionate share of the Incentive Fund-regardless of the time of day it is received.
In order to help you give, you can either mark your calendar and go to CMF & RMCMA’s Giving first page at any time during the 24 hour period of December 4 to “give where you live!” OR go to CMF & RMCMA’s Giving First page now and schedule your donation with Giving First (you will find a check box on this page to schedule your donation).