RMCMA is a wonderful space to learn about, experience, and create community through music. The facility, however, still needs a great deal of improvement! In the summers of 2010 and 2011 we renovated 4 of our 13 teaching studios, replaced the 28-year-old roof, updated and expanded the HVAC system, and created an important new Student Services Office adjacent to the main entrance.
In late Summer and early Fall 2012 we completed the following:
• Grading and drainage around the perimeter of the 1972 building
• New west side entrance and “Community Porch” with ADA ramp
Plans for completion Spring of 2013:
• Remove vinyl siding and paint north and west exterior
• Landscape west side
• Create a “Music Discovery Garden” of playable, outdoor instruments
Over the next several seasons we will continue to renovate the building and work to raise funds for the Capital Campaign to support that work. In future years we hope to continue to improve the experience at RMCMA by renovating the remaining nine teaching studios, updating the community room/waiting area, adding a box office, and several other improvements. If you would like to discuss our renovation plans, have a tour of the building, or contribute, you can reach us in the following ways:
• Call or email Ethan Hecht, School Operations Manager, at hecht@COmusic.org, 303-665-0599 x102
• Mail your gift to 200 E. Baseline Road, Lafayette, CO 80026. Please include a note that the gift is for the Capital Campaign
Click here to download a printable pdf with more details and opportunities for you to get involved>>Cap Campaign Brochure INSERT 5-4-12
Thank you for supporting the Capital Campaign. Your contribution will enhance the lives of those in our musical community for years to come!